Ventusky: Weather Maps & Radar v23.1 [b2302] [Premium]
Requirements: 4.4 and up
Overview: The app combines a classic location-specific weather forecast with a map that shows weather changes over a wider area.
This allows you to see where the precipitation is coming from or where the wind is blowing. The uniqueness of the application lies in the large amount of data displayed. Viewing the weather, you will immediately know the forecast of precipitation, wind speed, cloudiness, atmospheric pressure, snow cover and other meteorological data for different heights above sea level.
The Ventusky app visualizes the weather in a very interesting way. The wind is displayed in the form of streamlines that demonstrate the continuous development of weather phenomena. Air currents on Earth are always in motion, their movements are displayed on the map. This makes the interconnection of all atmospheric phenomena obvious.
For the next three days, the weather forecast is scheduled for every hour. On other days, you can see the forecast for every three hours. Users can also check the sunrise and sunset times for any geographic location.
Ventusky users get data directly from numerical models that were used exclusively by meteorologists just a few years ago. The application collects data from three numerical models. In addition to the relatively well-known data from the American GFS model, it also features data from the Canadian GEM model and the German ICON model, which has the highest resolution weather forecast for the entire world.
Available weather indicators
• Temperature (15 levels)
• Precipitation (1 hour, 3 hours, continuous accumulation)
• Weather radar
• Air pollution
Available weather indicators – PREMIUM
• Wind (16 levels)
• Gusts of wind
• Cloudiness (high, medium, low, general)
• Snow cover
• Dew point
• Atmosphere pressure
• Thunderstorms, indices: CAPE, CIN, LI, Helicity (SRH)
• Zero isotherm
– Webcams (for selected locations, not yet available as a map layer). We process images from up to 20 000 webcams around the world, offering one of the largest camera networks on the Internet. Especially in mountainous areas, you can monitor real conditions (fog, snow, etc.). Wide coverage is enabled by cooperation with partners such as Panomax.com, Feratel, NOAA or Foto-webcam.eu. Enjoy the view.
– Bug fixes and minor design improvements
This app has no advertisements