Overview: Open Camera is a fully featured and completely free Camera app for phones and tablets
* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Touch to select focus area and metering area (metering area is used to determine exposure).
* Support for flash, torch, focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation, exposure lock, face detection.
* Video recording (with optional audio, and support for video stabilization; supports all available resolutions including HD).
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
* Timer (with optional voice countdown).
* Auto-repeat mode, with configurable delay.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys.
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Lollipop’s Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids (including “rule of thirds”) and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply a date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos.
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera).
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Experimental support for Android 5 Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at play.google.com . Thanks!
When using “Pause after taking photo”, touching to unpause no longer triggers auto focus, or taking another photo for “Touch to capture”.
Take photo widget issue.
Don’t set optical image stabilization if video digital stabilization is enabled in video mode.
Seamless video restart on maximum filesize (for Android 8+) wasn’t broadcasting video files except the last one, meaning they were taking longer to show up in mediastore gallery.
Recording video on Android 8+ could leave zero-size files if size approached the maximum filesize, but a restart did not occur.
Don’t set video digital stabilization when in photo mode.
This app has no advertisements