NewPipe (Lightweight YouTube) v0.21.2 [Material Mod] Requirements: 4.4+ Overview: the lightweight YouTube experience for Android
Do you like watching videos on YouTube but looking for a simple app to do that?
NewPipe has been created with the purpose of getting the original YouTube experience on your smartphone without annoying ads and questionable permissions.
Lightweight YouTube frontend that’s supposed to be used without the proprietary YouTube-API or any of Google’s (proprietary) play-services. NewPipe only parses the YouTube website in order to gain the information it needs.
• YouTube Videos
Simple way to watch videos from the site and use its features.
• Extended Privacy
Does not use the YouTube API nor the Google Play Services.
• Background Player
Use other apps with no hassle while it plays your favourite songs.
• Download Media
Simply download YouTube videos or audio to your device.
Never miss new content from your favourite channels.
Go back in time and enjoy your favourites again.
• Open Source
How it works is not a secret. Go and check it on GitHub.
You get the whole thing for free. No in-app purchases or ads either.
What’s New: New
Added channel details option to long-press menu #5851
Add functionality to rename Playlist Name from playlist interface #5982
Add queue time #6023
Allow the user to pause while a video is buffering #5929
Improve colors in white theme, migrate to Android DayNight Theme #5927, #5995
Stream item improvements #6004
[Bandcamp] Add Radio stream segments #6051
Fixed overlapping fonts #5813
Fixed crash on tapping anywhere on video after long-pressing ‘Popup’ button #5813
Update URLs to HTTPS in READMEs #5942
Fixed some random NullPointerExceptions #5944
Fixed crash in history fragment when interacting with header controls and there are no videos in history #5971
Fixed hidden icon to the left of notification actions in settings #5935
Disabled media tunneling on Hi3798MV200 and cvt_mt5886_eu_1g fixing video playback on Formuler and Zephir Android TV devices #5969, #6024
NullPointerException on screen rotation during exit fix #5976
Fix NullPointerException: Attempt to get length of null array in MainActivity #5999
Fix display of channel details when it has no videos #5963
Fix ic_volume_up and ic_volume_off being black #6060
Fix invisible buffering / loading indicator in player #6161
Replace FrameLayout with FragmentContainerView where applicable #5882
Clean up unnecessary onCreate in settings fragments #5879
Update gradle wrapper #5866
About package internal revamp #5881
Update to ExoPlayer 2.13.2 #5856
Rearrange libraries #5867
Rename related streams to related items #5974
Migrate rest of AlertDialogs to AppCompat #6001
★★★ MOD ★★★
– Languages: English, Belarusian, Russian
– Full translation into Russian
– Full translation into Belarusian (There will be solutions or suggestions to correct the Belarusian language, write to me personally in QMS PM :))
– Compressed graphics
– The name of the application was renamed to YouTube Video, in English to YouTube Video, in Belarusian to Videa Youtube
– Changed icon and repainted in blue Material
– Changed the main theme color from red to blue Material
– Changed background in floating player from red to black
– Changed the file upload scale to blue Material from blue gray (that is, the background of the unloaded file will be blue gray, and the progress of the download scale is blue Material)
– Changed the scale of the buffer to blue Material
– Disabled analytics and statistics collection