Requirements: 4.3 and up
Overview: Voice Dream Reader is an accessible reading tool for mobile and tablet devices. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable screen layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style from completely auditory to completely visual, plus synchronized combination of both.
Voice Dream Reader is an accessible reading tool for mobile and tablet devices. With advanced text-to-speech and a highly configurable screen layout, it can be tailored to suit every reading style from completely auditory to completely visual, plus synchronized combination of both.
The visually impaired will benefit from the ability to hear documents read in their favorite voices; students and others with dyslexia will appreciate the synchronized reading capability that integrates text and voice; and everyone who wants to hear or read their documents in their own way will benefit from the configurability of the visual and voice capabilities.
Voice Dream Reader supports reading PDF, DRM-free EPUB and DAISY eBooks and more. It can load files from file sharing apps like DropBox, Box and OneDrive, or directly from your local device. It has direct integration with the Bookshare book-sharing service.
– Listen to documents like it’s music, with play-pause button, gestures or remote control
– Continues reading when you lock the screen
– Change voice and reading speed (50-700 words per minute) on the fly
– Remembers the voice and speech rate used for each document
– Switch between original layout and text-only view for PDF documents
– Synchronized word and line highlighting
– Improve focus with reduced text area and auto-scrolling
– Customizable font including OpenDyslexia font
– Font size up to 80 points for low vision users
– Adjustable margin, line spacing and character spacing
– 3 fully customizable color themes
– Text extraction from PDF, Plain text, and HTML files
– Text extraction from DRM-free ePub and DAISY books
– DAISY audiobooks, and audiobooks as zipped MP3 files
– Store and view PDF documents in original layout
– Dropbox, Box and OneDrive or any app which can share supported files
– Bookshare and Gutenberg
– Built-in Web Browser to download files
– Folders for organizing content
– Export full text, highlights, and notes
– Navigation by sentence, paragraph, page, chapter, highlights, bookmarks, 15, 30, and 60 seconds
– Remembers speech and visual location where you stopped
– Bookmarking, text highlighting and note taking
– Full-text search
If you want to download at full speed and help us keep this site active, you can register by clicking on the banner below.
– Any builtin voice already on the device
– Premium voices from Acapela 24 languages available through in-app purchase
– Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Catalan, Polish, Turkish, Greek, Arabic, Romanian, Icelandic and Welsh.
– It is not possible to load DRM-protected books from iBooks, Kindle and Nook.
– Word level highlighting is not supported for builtin voices
We don’t bother you with popups asking for a review. But if you like Voice Dream Reader, please give us a 5-star review in the App Store. We’ll be grateful. Just to go Settings in the Library, tap on Contact US and Write a Review.
If you run into a problem, there might be an easy fix. Please email us by tapping on Contact Us and Email Support. We can’t help if it’s posted in a review.
This app has no advertisements