Requirements: 4.4 and up
Overview: A web browser that respects your privacy.
1. Minimize the amount of information that is sent to the internet.
2. Minimize the amount of information that is stored on the device.
In contrast privacy sensitive features are disabled by default in Privacy Browser. If one of these technologies is required for a website to function correctly the user may choose to turn it on for just that visit. Or they can use domain settings to automatically turn on certain features when entering a specific website and turn them off again when leaving.
Privacy Browser currently uses Android’s built-in WebView to render web pages. As such it works best when the latest version of WebView is installed (see www.stoutner.com). In the 4.x series Privacy Browser will switch to a forked version of Android’s WebView called Privacy WebView that will allow for advanced privacy features.
Warning: Android KitKat (version 4.4.x API 19) ships an older version of OpenSSL which is susceptible to MITM (Man In The Middle) attacks when browsing websites that use outdated protocols and cipher suites. More information about this issue is available at www.stoutner.com.
• Integrated EasyList ad blocking.
• Tor Orbot proxy support.
• SSL certificate pinning.
• Import/export of settings and bookmarks.
Release by LunaDev
• Fix a bug that caused new intents (links from other apps) to not load if Privacy Browser had been killed by the OS in the background.
• Fix a bug that caused the app to initialize incorrectly if the app theme was set to the opposite of the OS theme.
This app has no advertisements
If you want to download at full speed and help us keep this site active, you can register by clicking on the banner below.