AdAway v5.1.0-201112 [Final]
Requirements: 8.0+ | root
Overview: AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
AdAway is a utility used to manage hostfile entries; your phone must be rooted to use this app. AdAway doesn’t directly block ads; it limits unwanted ads by blocking servers that distribute those ads to websites. Modifying hostfile entries is also useful in blocking ads on some Android apps.
• /Write access on system partition
Website with Source code and Issue Tracker
Help translate AdAway on www.transifex.net
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
• Internet access: To download hosts files
• Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
• Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
• Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
adblock, adblocker, ad blocker, advertisments, advertisment blocker
Add application update UI
Add F-Droid apk support to built-in updater
Add custom hosts file parser for big hosts file (1M+ entries, way slower but memory friendly)
Fix VPN app exclusion on Android 11
Update AndroidX and Sentry dependencies
This app has no advertisements
If you want to download at full speed and help us keep this site active, you can register by clicking on the banner below.