AdAway v5.1.0-201112 [Final]
Requirements: 8.0+ | root
Overview: AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
AdAway is a utility used to manage hostfile entries; your phone must be rooted to use this app. AdAway doesn’t directly block ads; it limits unwanted ads by blocking servers that distribute those ads to websites. Modifying hostfile entries is also useful in blocking ads on some Android apps.
• /Write access on system partition
Website with Source code and Issue Tracker
Help translate AdAway on www.transifex.net
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
• Internet access: To download hosts files
• Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
• Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
• Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
adblock, adblocker, ad blocker, advertisments, advertisment blocker
Add application update UI
Add F-Droid apk support to built-in updater
Add custom hosts file parser for big hosts file (1M+ entries, way slower but memory friendly)
Fix VPN app exclusion on Android 11
Update AndroidX and Sentry dependencies
This app has no advertisements