Developer: Feverish Development
I want everyone who purchases this web browser to be happy with it so please try the free version. It will help you become familiar with how this Pro version works: play.google.com/store/search?q=naked+browser Free version also available from the free version web site.
PLEASE EMAIL ME
Please email me with any bug reports or comments: [email protected]
Google allows me only 350 characters to respond to Play Store reviews.
This app does not and will never spy or monitor in any way. All permissions are used only for functionality that you want and NEVER for any other purpose. See below for more information about permissions.
WHAT’S NEW AND DIFFERENT IN PRO
See nakedbrowser.com/pro/ for help.
• optionally show images only over Wifi
• tab close method and more gesture options
• set link long press action to show context menu or open in new background/foreground tab. Open in background tab then swipe to switch to new tab. See browser options text for instructions.
• make screenshots of web pages
• bookmarks import from text file makes it easy to transition from the free version
• keep screen on
• create home launcher “desktop” shortcuts: long press new tab “+” button (Android N and lower at this time)
• NFC sending/receiving
• UI tweaks: optional tab & URL bar on bottom, expanded/scrollable bottom menu, bottom menu labels removed, app icon label now “Browser NBPro”, remembers open/close bookmark folder states
• too many new features to list and more to come!
CANNOT SEE THE BROWSER MENUS?
If your device has no menu button, you may be able to long press the device app switch button or back button. This Pro version provides additional gesture options to make it easier to show the menus. By default, swipe up from bottom corner, or down from top edge.
GOOGLE, FIX ANDROID WEBVIEW!
Please log in to Google and “star” these issues on Google’s bug sites to vote for them:
Adobe Flash and other features in older versions of Android may not work on your device.
No permission will EVER be used by this software to spy or monitor in any way. These permissions will only be used if you enable the functionality in the browser.
• Internet: ONLY for your web page requests & retrievals. Absolutely no monitoring or snooping, & ad-less too.
• File read/write: ONLY so you can save & upload files. Absolutely no other reason.
• GPS: DISABLED BY DEFAULT. ONLY to allow web sites to access your location. Option must be enabled, and even then each site interested in your location will ask your permission.
• View network & Wifi connections: ONLY to handle changes in network connectivity and allow optionally loading images only on Wifi.
• Keep device from sleeping: ONLY to prevent downloads from being cut off.
• Access download manager: ONLY to ensure access to your device’s download manager for downloading files.
• Near field communication (NFC): DISABLED BY DEFAULT. ONLY to send and receive web addresses to and from nearby devices (backs touching) via NFC. Option must be enabled to send, and even then you will be prompted for confirmation.
• Create shortcuts: ONLY for you to create home launcher shortcuts to sites.
ABOUT THE USER INTERFACE
User interface graphics are a low priority at this time.
Designed and made by an independent software developer named Tony in Redwood City, California, United States of America.
Thanks to you for the help and support.
• crash fix clicking some links that opened new tabs, some devices [Thanks Scott & Martin for reporting this]
• file upload workaround, at least one device [Thanks Tom]
• wide viewport layout fixes
• new option: suggest bookmarks before history when typing in URL bar
• 5-finger tap screen shows menus, in case all gestures disabled
• better re-layout on zoom
• option to display system 3-dot system menu, newer devices
• save PDF, newer devices
• notch device support
More to come!